Welcome to One Step Beyond, Inc.
Skill Development, Independence, and a Safe Social Environment
Just like anyone else, people with Developmental Disabilities seek fulfillment in every day activities. They want to contribute to their communities and live as independently as they can, whether with their families or with friends and housemates of their own choosing.
Since the skills that are needed to achieve these goals are not always learned independently or in school, One Step Beyond has been providing unique services to close this gap for the past 9 years. One Step Beyond starts with the basics and continually reinforces lessons throughout the scope of our many programs. These lessons include but are not limited to:
- Functional literacy in math, writing, and reading
- Household management
- Healthy exercise and diet
- Community service
- Effective social and communication behaviors
- Socialization and meaningful friendships
- Employment development, placement, and support
- Cultural arts opportunities